About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sun Devil Season

I think it was last year that I was sitting around with a bunch of great ladies and we were discussing our favorite "culture" event. Everyone went around and said they loved a certain fine dinning establishment or a musical they loved to see or a museum they loved to visit. When they asked me I replied "that depends, is it Sun Devil Football Season?"

With that, I have to say that I never knew that I really liked College Football. Who knew? When I lived in the dorms at ASU, I bought season tickets in the student section. I would go with a few people from my floor but for most of the games I went by myself. And when it was too hot to sit through any more heat, I would go back and watch it on TV. Then when I found friends at the Institute my second year at ASU, I would go with them. It was great, we even tailgated a few times at the Institute. But even better was when I found Trent at one of the games (I had just barely met him and was becoming quiet impressed with him). We had just barely started dating when ASU played U of A. (2 weeks later we were engaged) When we got married, it was only a given that we would buy season tickets. We followed another season the 2nd year we were married but after that I was finally done with school and couldn't get cheap tickets anymore. So a few years passed that we didn't have season tickets.
Last year we would go up South Mountain to listen to the game in the car and watch the fireworks go off when ASU scored. But this year we finally got season tickets again. Even better is that we are in the Grad student section courteous of Wade Eager. We have incredible seats, only 4 rows up from the 45 yard line. We're so close that the players can hear our calls to them. And while I love to cheer on the Devils, it has been difficult to tone down the loud calls of "Come on" and "Get him" because we also cart around Finnegan.
Needless to say, I laugh every time we take our seat smack dead in the middle of the Grad student section because here I am with a 2 month old baby strapped to me at 7 o clock at night. I enjoy the time I have to spend with Trent, Sun Devil Football is one of the many things that we enjoy together. Its great to go with him. Only next year will be way better because by then Finn will be old enough to stay home with Jonas and the babysitter.

Lets hope that the Devils can stay on top. With a 7-0 record right now, they're one of the best football teams out there (record wise). Go Devils!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I remember the culture discussion! It had to be Amberly that brought it up, seeing as she is the most cultured person I know! I was glad you were for the Sun Devils, because I was glad to say Suns Basketball!!! Is there anything more fun than a sporting event of your fave team? I think not!

Shelly said...

I am so way jealous that you get to go to every game and sit in such awesome seats. Bill and I are totally homesick for ASU. We have come to the conclusion that we are bad luck becasue now that we have left, there are way more home games and they are 7-0. Go figure. Im glad you get to go and spend some Q-time with Trent. GO DEVILS!!!

Amberly said...

My only question is, why not take Jonas to the games too?? I can just see the enjoyable time you look forward to consumed by the little guy... I'm glad you have something fabulous to look forward to.

bryn said...

although not a devils fan myself, i agree there is nothing better than great seats to a team you love. go sun devils - i hope that your great season keeps going!