About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Graditude


As the week approaches for Thanksgiving, my thoughts have turned to Graditude. How great it is to have a whole day dedicated to giving thanks. While in the past, I have never given much thought to it. But for some reason, this year, it weighs heavily upon my thoughts. We truely live in a time of prosperity. And while I am no means wealthy in worldily standards, I am blessed with weath untold in a spiritual aspect. With that being said, I am grateful this Thanksgivng for many things. Its like it has been said, "Count your many blessings and see what God has done."

1. Six years ago today, Trent and I went on our very first date. I want to quote to you from my journal about that night. "I went on the best date ever last night with Trent... I felt so comfortable around him and was laughing the whole time I was with him." I am thankful for Trent. He completes me and I would be lost with out him.

2. I have two of the worlds cutest and sweetest boys. It amazes me what special little spirits they are and the divine potential that they have. I have taken a new approach to raising them (much thanks to Ashlee) I am going to enjoy them now, a clean house can wait. With that being said, I haven't made my bed in like 2 weeks. I have laundry coming out of my ears and my floor is so dirty that I'm afraid to walk barefoot on it. But I have been having fun with the boys.

3. There was once a time that I thought that I had nothing to offer. I realize now that that was a bunch of hoo-ha. I am talented. Its just in different areas. I've been super crafty lately too!

4. While I am thankful for my parents, I realize they gave me one of the greatest gifts. They gave me independence and thought me to be such. I know this may sound bad, but if they were gone tomorrow, I could still get up in the morning, knowing that they have raised me not to worry and how to take care of myself.

5. Its the little things that will count to me, if I just take the time and look, listen and ponder on them. I can't let others get me down. I am blessed more than I will know as long as I remember it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

7 comments:

bryn said...

what a well written post. i am glad to hear your floors are a bit dirty as playing with the kiddos is always better, in my book, to mopping!

Britney said...

That was nice Jackie!! So since you have been so creative lately (you are ALWAYS creative) you should help me with some crafts haha. I just got finns blessing invitation in the mail..they are so cute!! We will be there.

Britney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britney said...

that was my delete...sorry

Scrap Happy said...

Love ya babe, I'm feeling the gratitude for you!

Scrap Happy said...

By the way, I'm in love with the word "hoo-ha"

Shelly said...

That was a great post. I think as we get older and have more kids we are shown what is more important and what can slide. Thank goodness for that. How come you havent come over yet?? I am dying to see little Finn. Call at Moms when you have a sec!!!