.jpg)
So I'm sitting here at 3 in the morning listening to a variety of sounds. There is soft lull outside, probably the neighbor's girl'f friend being dropped their date. There's also the sounds of the fridge humming away. The water heater is recycling its water and lets not forget the sound of the blood curdling scream from my 6th month old in his crib and the not so silent sound of his older brother snoring away in the next room. Now mind you, both doors to their rooms are shut and this is what I can hear.
How can two boys, raised in the same house, pretty much the same way be totally different? Jonas first slept through the night at 2 1/2 months old and only had a brief spell where he was awake because he was in a growth spurt and wanted to eat. It took 3 nights of intense crying through the night to get him to break that habit. He's been a sound and sleep through the night kind of kid.
Finn on the other hand, well, we are still waiting for him to sleep through the night. The whole crying it out thing certainly isn't working as well as we'd hope. He'll cry for about 5 mins, fall asleep for 2 and then wake himself back up to start all over again.
So my random thoughts in these wee hours of the morning include the following:
* I am thankful for a little boy who can sleep through a garbage truck if need be. He's completely oblivious to the fact that Finn is screaming ear-pierceing screams in the next room.
* I am thankful for a kind husband who stays up with me to ensure that I don't loose my wits at 3 in the morning, (and one who thinks it funny that I'm up blogging at 3 too.)
* I am thankful for nap time. After all that is said and done, afternoon naps are a God send.
* I am thankful for prayer. And while my prayer of "Please let Finn sleep through the night" is not what Heavenly Father wants me to have, I have complete faith that Finn may not be the best baby, but I know he will be the worlds greatest toddler. How many months until he's there?
* I am thankful for 300 count sheets. Do you know how excited I am to crawl back in bed and drift off to sleep knowing my sheets are as soft as clouds?
Alas, the screams has subsidded and all is quiet now. Back to bed.
5 comments:
Good luck. I hope he starts sleeping better for you soon.
LOL! I too think it's funny that you're up blogging at 3 am! Sounds like our kids are reversed. We all know Maddie has been the one to fight sleep like there's no tomorrow. Won't nap, etc... She was the one where we had to have her cry it out. She was up 2 nights ago at midnight screaming about a bird in her room! Caitlin is the little sleeper around here. Guess all children are different. I hope Finn starts sleeping better for you. Hang in there!
As much as I hope Finn gets the hang of this continuous sleeping thing soon, it's nice to know that when I'm up in the middle of the night with one kid or the other that I'm not alone! I'll shoot some good vibes your way and hope that being up half the night means they sleep in in the morning!
You are so much more patient than I am. I have an extra guest bed if you want a full night's sleep any time. You can sleep from 7 - 7 over here - but Justin and I would slip out and go to the office if we knew you were "watching" our kids. Let me know when you want to come sleep and I will turn down the covers and find some chocolates!
Hang in there, I have confidence that it will get better. Just remember, you are the mommy. But he is pretty darn smart, he knows that if he wails for long enough, he'll get what he wants. Babies know what they're doing by being all cute, and playing us like the marionettes we are...
Post a Comment