OK, So I went to Costco today to pick up a few things and just had to have lunch there. Jonas actually wanted some pizza so I said sure. The next table over had 2 couples (older, like my parents age). Obviously Mormon. You could see the G's hanging out the back of one lady.
Now I like to take the boys out in public because I'm less likely to yell at them. I tend to be a better mom out in public.
The 2 couples kept glancing over their shoulders to look at the boys. I have cute boys, so no biggie. They get up, walk away. Mid-way cutting our churro in half, one of the ladies from the group come over and says "You're LDS aren't you?" I smiled and said yes. She exclaimed they were right because I was "so cute" with the boys that I just had to Mormon. Then she goes on to tell me that they're from Utah and that I must be too. Nope sorry. If I wasn't from Utah, then I must have met my husband at the "Y". Nope sorry again. We smiled and they went on their way. I laughed at the thought that "do all Utah Mormons think that other Mormons come from Utah?"
4 comments:
LOL! Funny Blog...heard you ran into my mom today too! See you guys in about a week!
Sheesh - of COURSE they were from Utah. The world revolves around those people, doesn't it? Too funny.
No one has ever asked if I was LDS when out in public with my kids. Now what does THAT say about us? Ha!
Ultimately they must think your family dates back to Utah...which maybe it does. But I have to say, I love that I can say Scot & I met at ASU! Why? I don't know...probably cause I'm weird.
this story makes me giggle a bit. even though i am actually from utah, this stuff always drove me the teeniest bit crazy. (there is a whole bunch of the church that resides outside of the square state, you know about 11 million) anyway, i also always relish that lance and i met at the 'u' and not 'byu.' totally silly i know! :)
Post a Comment