OK, so I know that funerals aren't supposed to be fun, but this trip to Utah was so much fun. We
arrived in Salt Lake Thursday night freezing our bums off. We were definitely not used to the cold weather. Jonas informed me Friday morning that "His face was cold". Friday, Trent, my mom and I took the boys to Temple Square. As we drove up, Jonas yells "There's the Salt Lake Temple!" He was so excited. The look on his face was priceless. We walked into the Tabernacle and his eyes got so big. A man was practicing the organ and he was in Heaven. He didn't want to leave. He loved the water in the reflection pool and was ready to jump right in if we let him.

arrived in Salt Lake Thursday night freezing our bums off. We were definitely not used to the cold weather. Jonas informed me Friday morning that "His face was cold". Friday, Trent, my mom and I took the boys to Temple Square. As we drove up, Jonas yells "There's the Salt Lake Temple!" He was so excited. The look on his face was priceless. We walked into the Tabernacle and his eyes got so big. A man was practicing the organ and he was in Heaven. He didn't want to leave. He loved the water in the reflection pool and was ready to jump right in if we let him.
We also went horse back riding at my Uncle Mark's house. Although afraid at first, Jonas eventually warmed up to the horses and wouldn't let any of us ride them. He rode the horse all by himself too!
Saturday found us at the Funeral and like I said, I know they aren't supposed to fun, but it was so nice to have all my brothers, their kids and all my cousins and their kids all together. My brothers and I had to speak at the funeral and Joe gave the best impression of my Grandma Tyson's voice. We laughed lots. This is all the Tyson Family.
Sunday we went to see the Tabernacle but sad enough they wouldn't let the little kids in but we watched it from Visitors Center. My niece Madeline kept referring to the Temple first as a Princess castle, then finally as the Tempernacle. I love this picture of Jonas and Madeline, they really are hams! They refused to look at me.
Overall the trip was a lot of fun, the only things that we didn't get to do while there was visit Trent's sister Shelly and see Grandma Maud's house in Hyrum Utah. But without a car what can you do?
6 comments:
sounds like it was a super trip. and I think you experienced a funeral as one should... with joy, able to enjoy the time with family and laughter. but, i'm glad you're back!
I am glad you had a good time, but we sure did miss you.
LOVE the picture of Maddie and Jonas in front of the "tempernacle." LOL!
Im glad you had such a fun trip only 20 minutes from my house. Next time im in town, we will see if I call you. See ya
Im totally joking by the way. Kinda
Hi Jackie! I'm glad you guys had fun is SLC! see, we told you it was cold here! It was so good to see you guys! Did you tag me to answer that stuff? Remember, I am a "new" blogger!
Post a Comment