OK, so for some time I have been thinking about what I want to do with my blog. I first started the blog so family who I don't see very often can check out the boys. But lets be 100% honest here, there is only so much I can blog about those adorably cute boys. I mean do I really need a play by play that Finn is eating Graham crackers and starting to cruise along the furniture?Now I know plenty who use their blog to keep track of their kids, I think its great. But what are your thoughts on that? So you want to read up on what other peoples kids are doing?
Then I know people who use their blog as journals. Now I have 2 journals, sort of like Nephi really, I have a small journal that I write in every day about something that I'm thankful for. Then I have a larger journal that I write the main highlights that's going on in my life. Between the two journals, I think I'm pretty well covered on the journaling thing. But I enjoy reading the insights of others, it helps me get to know them better. Plus I'm incredibly snoopy and I love that this is there for me to snoop a look at. What do you think? Do you like reading someone else's journal?
Then there are those who share fun things on their blogs, like recipes, fun activities to go and do and so forth.
So now what do I do with my blog? There is something missing from it and I can't seem to pin point what it is. Help me make my blog better, or at least make me feel like its worth it to do this. It is a good out let so that's always fun.
6 comments:
Well, I just pretty much blog about the kids because I'm not sure people wanna read about our marital issues/personal things. But then again,I'm snoopy too, and would and would want to know about others issues. LOL! I say go for what feels right. I do have to say yes, I want to know that Finn is eating graham crackers and cruising around the furniture. We hardly see you guys so that's refreshing to us and keeps us in the "loop."I personally want to see more pictures of my nephews on there. They are too cute!
I just love reading how other people think, and write, and enjoy keeping an update on what's going on in their families. Plus, it's completely entertaining, I learn stuff A LOT, gather way fun recipes and bargain tips, and it's an excellent place (for me) to record quick milestones for my kids! Blog on, sista!
pour out whatever happens to be in your head. sometimes it's kids, sometimes it's not- some of my favorite blogs are the ones that get personal and let us have a peek into their heads. you're so incredibly talented and have so much to share!
I mostly post about my kids...and I think most people do too. I think the idea of a blog is just to post whatever you want. I love reading other peoples blogs. And I love reading yours so keep posting haha. Expecially since we dont get to see you guys very much its fun to see what you guys are up to.
I agree with Amberly. I am turning my blog into a book (blurb.com) and so sometimes I edit myself & sometimes I don't. As you can probably tell, I usually don't. As I have gone through last years stuff in doing the book for 07 its been so funny to read some of the comments I decided to post for the world to share. It takes me back to that moment & I can remember what I felt/thought then & can compare to where I am now...
so...blog about whatever!
Jackie...I was roaming around in blogdom...and saw you and just the other day at school I had been thinking about you and wondered if you had had more children...I worked out at Noah Webster and STILL do. You always did a great job with the art program. I hope you don't mind me popping in. My daughter Stephanie went to school with Trent and I grew up with the Johnson's in Holbrook, his relatives, plus my dad Jack McLaws just loved your father in law. Come by mine sometime and let me know you came by. Your children are adorable and I LOVE scrapbooking, too. Keep it up...
Post a Comment