So today we dried our cloths out side. I tried to hide the "unmentionables" as best I could, but I'm sure my neighbors will think Trent wears a lot of white undershirts! It was GREAT to dry my clothes outside, it took about 30mins to dry, so by the time I get the whole line up, the first part is ready to come down. The only problem I ran into was is that I have too many clothes, so I was outside longer than I wanted to be. But I might just make this a summer habit to dry my clothes outside. Who knows.
About Us
- The Malone's
- Arizona
- We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Taking advantage of the Summer Heat
Considering its going to be 105 today, I decided to try out some thing. Monday is laundry day around here, which means, endless amounts of clothes coming out of my ears. I've been trying to be "green" around here, using cold water to wash my clothes, use dye free clothes soap and so forth. So with 4 loads, running the dryer all day adds up. You can imagine how hot it makes it.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Great idea
I love it. you may come hang mine next.
You are so funny! I dried all of my clothes outside untill I had three kids and Chucks boss felt sorry for me and "gave" me a dryer. Chuck worked for GE at the time. I loved drying sheets outside because they smelled so nice when you put them on the bed. Good Luck with your project
Thats cool that you did that. good job being green!
I am so dumb! I'm like, "Wow they DO have alot of white shirts!" DUH! There's your blonde Catholic SIL for ya! Good job going green!
there is nothing better than the smell of clothes dried on the line. go green!
Funny...I have been thinking about doing this too. Maybe I will follow your example. My only concern is if the clothes are crunchy - when my Mom dried our clothes on the line in Idaho there was a crunchiness involved...of course that could be because they sometimes froze overnight if they got left outside.
Post a Comment