I have decided that my life runs like the pride cycle. Things are tough, then I'm humbled, then things get pretty good, too easy going and then WHAM, back to things are tough. Come on now, enough is enough. You'd think that I'd get the hang of it. Its just not sinking in apparently. But alas, here is some insight into my thoughts:
* I have a camp meeting tonight, I can't bring myself to be totally pumped. Camp's not for another month, and yet I'm pooped. I'm in charge of a lot and nothing at the same time.
* My house looks like a tornado hit it. Every night Trent and I spend at least an hour clearing away the mess. He finally asked me when we can stop doing this each night. I just laughed.
* I love swim lessons at the city pool, but I dread going with Jonas. How can a kid that was swimming last year all by himself all of a sudden change his mind this year. He's doing better but its like pulling teeth to get him to the pool. Good thing for peer pressure.
* I want to do so much, I want to serve and be that great friend who happens to be totally in tuned with the spirit that I can serve when need be. So why do I feel like I'm missing the whole boat on this one?
* It totally frustrates me to look at my back yard. It would be nice to go out there and not have to walk on dirt. I'm so ready for rock. But its Trent's project not mine.
* It would be nice to have some time to my self and not worry about kids, I'd love to spend time with Trent, just me and him. We really need a vacation where we stay home but the kids go away.
*I have food in my fridge that was cooked probably two weeks ago. You'd think that I could have cleaned that out by now. Nope instead I'm here posting a blog.
* I just finished a book that took a couple of days to read, because of that, my house was left a mess.
* I really want to be a scriptorian, but for now I have to settle for knowing all the words to "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish"
* We went to a Fender Party last Saturday and for once I felt like I was young and cool again.
* It trips me out that Trent has this job where he can dress like a rocker. It makes me do a double take when I see him in the morning dressed in jeans, skate shoes and a shirt with scantly clad women surrounding a guitar. I sometimes wonder if this is the perfect mid-life crisis job.
* I'm dying for a hair cut, any takers?
* I desperately need to order a new swim suit, every time I bend over in my old one, I'm worried that something up top is going to pop out.
This has helped me clear my thoughts. Thanks for listening.
3 comments:
ok I don't even know you but I know Emily Stephens and I thought I clicked on my own blog ANYWAY here I am reading yours. I am with you on ALL of this! Thanks for clearing my thoughts!
oh jackie... you are more in tune when it comes to serving than you realize. you're more helpful than you'll ever give yourself credit for. I agree that time alone just you and trent would be a great idea, now, where to send your children... Also, trent cleaning up the house at the of the day and wondering when it will end?? just the beginning my friend.
I think I have come to realize that life with young kids will always be frusterating and things never turn out the way we hope, but this is all a learning experience and we do our best along the way. Its ok to take time for yourself and read for a couple days-I do it all the time. It helps me run away for a bit. You can always bring your kids to my house for a couple days. Its so pretty here right now. (hint hint) And if you come for the 24th of July, I will cut your hair. Relax and be grateful that your husband is willing to help you out at the end of the day. I love that he gets to be so chill at work-that makes for a happy Trent!! And as for the serving bit-you are the most "serving" person I have ever met. I have never known someone who when having a bad day will go and serve someone else to make you feel better. Most women go shopping or eat themselves to happiness. Your a good person and a good example. Tell Jonas Happy Bithday and we are sad we couldnt be there for his party. Sorry for the novel
Post a Comment