About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Insight and Wisdom from the last 3 weeks

So it seems that when things come along my way, I always make them harder than need be. Within the last 3 weeks I have planned and hosted a sleep over for 30 Young Women (of course it was held at someone else's house). I then took off to California for a week to celebrate the 4th of July, then came home and took off for camp 3 days later. I spent five days up in the mountains with only one shower. I was in charge of 24 young women because 6 decided last minute not to show. Did they bother to call and let me know, not a chance. But alas, I am now home and feel as though I can somewhat comprehend the amount of damage my house has gone through.
So what have I learned from all of this:

* My husband is incredibly understanding and lets a lot of things slide.
* Flying with an extremely tired yet active baby is no way considered fun.
* I am a super woman, I could hold 2 car seats, 2 kids and one large suitcase up a moving escalator.
* Sand eaten in large quantities from the beach comes out as sand in the other end.
* It is possible to survive on only a few hours of sleep, especially in the form of quick cat naps.
* Teenage girls are quite insightful. I learned new terms for "trying to get with" "drinking kool aid and watching Nemo" and so forth.
* Late at night girls are more likely to share things than any other time. 1am makes for some good times when listening to stories about the boys our girls are faced with.
* I was amazed at the spirit and testimony's that our Young Woman have.
* There were times I felt super old and times I felt like I was 18.
While in California, someone thought I was one of my 24 years old friend's Laural Advisor. Its like the weezer song lyrics from Pork and Beans " You'd hate to think that you'd lost my cool".
* I've learned that at times when Woman from my ward would call for help that it was OK to say Yes. I'm pretty sure Jonas felt like he belonged at Ashlee's house for about week. He couldn't understand why he wasn't going to Boston's house for dinner last night.

All in all, things are well, I'm excited camp is over, yet a little sad. At least for now I can get my house back in order.

3 comments:

Meagan Kenney said...

Glad you're back! :)

Scrap Happy said...

You're a stud, Jackie, and we love you.

Lindsay Renee' said...

Jackie,

Referring to Weezer, I think you need to get a pair of Oakleys