About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Lonely Times in the Pew

Well, its official, I will now be sitting in the pew at Sacrament Meeting all by myself from now until whenever. Trent was called and set apart as the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric. So while his sweet smiling face looks down at me from above, I will be wresting the two wild alligators that we own.Here are some highlights from yesterdays meeting. Mind you, I did have my in-laws with me so things should have been easier, but I'm pretty sure my kids only saw it as a chance to see how much they could get away with.
*During the Sacrament Prayer, Jonas gets the "giggles"

* Finn bonks his head and begins to cry uncontrollably. I leave for the next 20 mins to put Finn to sleep. Not really sure what Jonas was up to.

* Finn's asleep and Jonas acts up. When I give him an ultimatum to be quiet or get out, he opts to go out instead of cool it.

* While taking him outside, he can be heard saying "No Mom, I don't want to go out to the curb"

* I walk back into Sacrament Meeting in time to hear the closing prayer.

Sundays will be so fun from here on out!

9 comments:

bryn said...

oh my dear friend - i speak from experience. you can do it. it is rough at first but i promise it does get easier as everyone learns their boundaries. you can do it!!! (and might i suggest, if you weren't a snack mom at church before - your best bet is to become one! :)

Amberly said...

man, the things I miss when I leave town! if anyone can handle two very calm and well-behaved quiet boys, it's you. no problem.

Ashlee said...

I will bring the Tylenol....both infant and adult.:)

Ashlee said...

oh...and I remember Bryn being in the hall a lot when I was there too!

Meagan Kenney said...

First to Trent: Congratulations! this is definitely your year with a great new job and now this! What an honor!

To Jackie: It'll be okay...you will most definitely be able to handle this! I go to church by myself often and it's not too bad.

Scrap Happy said...

HA HA HEE HA HA HA HA HA HEE HHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA


oh, sorry. Welcome, my friend. My kids seem to "turn it up" quite a few notches for every sacrament meeting. I absolutely cannot handle them.



When you're ready to trade off, let me know.

Sandi said...

You will be great and (from personal experience) he will probably never sit with the family again. All of the children in the Bishopric should sit together with me. I have candy.

Angelique said...

Wow, tell Trent Congrats! Best of luck during sacrament...I am sure you'll do great with the boys.

The Jones Seven said...

Trent you are the smartest man in the world. Get yourself called into the Bishopric so you don't have to help with the kids whilst you are in sacrament. And your wife thinks your sacrificing. Genius, Genius Trent.