OK, so after Saturday's Relief Society Conference I went home thinking two things. One I'm not doing so bad and two, Dude, I've got A LOT of work to do. I feel totally overwhelmed at the moment. Like I just can't pull myself together. The talks on Saturday were uplifting, but yes I feel like yes, those are worthy things to strive for, but I'm not anywhere near where I need to be to even start. Its like running a race. The race is the actual path that we need to be on, running isn't so bad once you start doing it, its getting to the starting line that I'm struggling with. I find that I'm getting sidetracked, like I need to organize myself before I can even think about running the race. So I've got all these loft ambitions to turn myself around but I can't get myself there because I can't get myself organized or whatever.
Monday found me with a fresh start, I was going to clean. For some reason or another, I feel like a clean house is a starting line for me. I was going to read my scriptures, write in my journal, play with my kids, cook, yadda yadda yadda. But alas, either Satan is working overtime here or things just don't go as planned. The washing machine over flowed for the 3rd time in 3 years. I had water all down the carpets AGAIN. Aggg. So I spent the next 2 hours sucking water from the floor. Then Finn chips his front tooth, poor kid looks like a kid from the back woods. Then both boys refuse to take naps. I'm dying and my loft ambitions were sinking fast. I still managed to smile and I tried again today. I'm hanging in there and I'll still keep my Lofty Ambitions and good intentions up there to work for.
4 comments:
Hang in there! I know exactly how you feel. There are days where I think what am I doing trying to start a business, work part time, clean, take care of 2 little kids, schedule playdates, preschool!?
I am so sorry about your washing machine! Had we known we would have given you our old one we left for the old landlord to deal with when we moved.
Hang in there Jackie. How is Finn doing?
Jackie....you are such a great mother and person. Do you realize that you put the rest of us to shame? You just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be just fine!! We miss you guys and love you guys. Give your boys hugs for us.
you are doing much better than you think you are. don't be so hard on yourself! thanks for the trip out with the kiddos i needed some mommy talk time. see you next week! :)
Post a Comment