About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feeling the Love- Day 4

How had Trent changed since I first met him?

Did I ever tell you that my first impression (the day we very first met) of him was this: "Holy cow, how old is this guy and why is he hanging out at the Institute. Coo-coo". He just had this look that he was WAY more mature that I ever was or would be. He had on a polo shirt, khaki slacks and held a brief case (think Landsend). He had this huge round gold glasses and "I need a hair cut bad" look. When we were first married he hated wearing jeans and would even garden in navy blue church pants (that's the only way I can describe them). He was always dressed up in a button down shirt or polo. The only t-shirts he had were from Mesa High Swim Team.
Luckily fashions change, the glasses were exchanged for new ones and the brief case now is a cool Fender bag. He is now made fun of at work if he wears dressy clothes (although Wednesday is dress up day for him and everyone notices when he doesn't dress up on that day.) His closet is now full of Fender Guitar shirts, my favorite? The one with the scantly clad women on the back. Other than looks, Trent has changed in other ways too.
As we've moved to South Phoenix, I've seen a difference in his attitude in visiting Mesa/Gilbert and doing family things. I wont say how he's changed, but I've seen it. He's definitely more of a home body. (Sorry Linda.) Also, since becoming Bishop I've seen this mantle on his shoulders, he really has a genuine love for the people of the ward (not that he didn't like everyone before).

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Wow, it's funny to read about your Bishop. LOL. I see the mantle too. He is great to work with. It sounds like he is fun wor live with too.

Meagan Kenney said...

I LOVE when Trent wears that scantily clad woman shirt! LOL! Isn't that the one he bought and didn't realize what was on the back? Come on over to Mesa/Gilbert and do family things with us! :)