About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Its like watching the sharks feed

This past weekend found me yet again smack dead in the middle of the Mesa Scrapbooking Convention. Shellie talked me into last year year and she managed to talk others into it this year. So what does one do at the Scrapbook Convention you ask? Well imagine sharks when fresh blood enters the water. That's what its like. Hundreds of women, scouring the aisles for just the perfect paper or embellishment to complete their scrapbooks. You finally stop saying "I'm sorry" or "Excuse me", because it doesn't matter. Everyone crowds to get the good deals at the booth or the make and take. Last year I was dead, holding over a hundred pieces of paper, it is not light. So this year I got smart, spread out the misery. Shop a little, take a class, shoot a wedding reception, host a garage sale then head back for more classes, more shopping and finally ending with a "scrap till you drop" midnight crop. Which by the way is a waste of money. Don't bother with the crop. I ended up spending way more than I need too, but hey I needed all that fun stuff. So in conclusion, yes I will sign up next year when Shellie says its time to go again.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Sounds like a busy but fun day. I have over heard others talk about it and said it was a fun time. Good Luck Next Year.

Mike and Deb said...

Hey, we really need a Finn and Jonas fix. It's been way to long and I would hate for Finn to forget the face that goes with my name!!! :-)

Meagan Kenney said...

I totally remember your Scrapbooking Convention blog from last year! LOL! Sounds like you had a busy day! Wish I knew you guys had a garage sale-I would have hit it up! Bargain is my middle name! ;)