About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baby Toes

Ha, and all of you thought this was going to be about a baby! Nope, rather, it really is about my baby toes. Never in my 27 years of life have a I ever broken a major bone. I bent my arm bone when I was about 9 or 10 and had to wear a half cast, but it was never broken. Lets knock on wood now, "knock knock". Who's there? No this is not a silly knock knock joke, although that could be a different post all together in the future. Jonas has learned some pretty funny ones (Thanks Amanda). But back to my main point. Do pinkie toes count as real bones?
If that's the case, then both my pinkie toes have broken at least twice a year since the age of 13. While living in England, my room, pitch black from the heavy curtains to keep the heat in, was the only room to have a phone. Our lovely family and friends in the US would call at their respectable hours, forgetting the 8 hour time difference. My first pinkie breaks happened at the grand hour of 3 am. I broke them so many times in those couple of years that they began to become little stubs. Now, 14 years later, and one more break (hit twice tonight, might I add) I feel the pain, know that its broken and move on. I know in like 60 years I'm going to have some serious arthritis problems in them, but as for now, I look at my little piggy sausage toes and think "oh well".

4 comments:

Deirdre Eagar said...

PLEASE delete that big bottom picture, it is HORRIBLE!! :) So does a broken toe keep you from running??? Can

Rebekah said...

How painful. Hope they start feeling better soon. I learned to keep my feet covered when waking around. Yeah Right. Good luck in 60 years

Mike and Deb said...

You've lost it I think.

Sandi said...

You really should have someone look at that or you will have to start buying special orthotic shoes long before you are ready for the look.