About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Girls Camp

I survived! It wasn't so bad really, things really worked out for the best. I don't have a ton of time to recount everything or even have time to post some pictures right now (I think I got a total of 20 hours of sleep over the past 4 days). I will say that I learned a few things. Teenage girls are really funny at midnight, especially the ones that speak Spanish. I had 2 YCL's that were so darn funny that I couldn't help thinking they are so great. They got me saying "should I be concerned?" After everything they said. Another thing, 36 YCL's really aren't that scary when you break them up into 3 groups of 12, a little more easy to control. Camp songs really do get stuck in your head if you sing them enough. The feeling of being so disgustingly gross from not showering everyday eventually fads, as long as you don't feel your skin, face or hair. Teenage girls are defiantly more physically developed than I was at that age. My one and only bra was soaked during water activities (thanks a lot Emily) that I was left to beg one from my YCL. Is it sad to say that no one had one that was small enough to fit me? And finally, Playing Quidich while dressed in paper towel tube goggles and a towel cape and running around on a broom stick seemed like a perfectly great idea to do at 10 pm. Until one used common sense to realize that its rocky and hilly and dark out there. The idea was quickly shot down. (Sorry Shellie, at least we have the pictures and the memories). I will post pictures after my adventures for the 4th of July, so stay posted until then.

2 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

Those admirals were downers. But, the South Mountain girls got my digits... and will be calling us when they plan a quidditch activity for mutual. Get your cape ready!

Tanner5 said...

I'm glad you had fun. It's always fun to go and then come home! I had a spanish speaking girl in our cabin who talked in her sleep. It was funny! Oh yeah, we had toilets, showers, and A/C in our cabin. It was great!