About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Let's Build Something Together


Did you know that every Saturday, Lowe's offers free building classes for kids? Its great, they get an apron, safety goggles, a project to build and a patch for their apron. We first stumbled on this fantastic Saturday morning class a few months back (January I believe). The boys made coin banks. A few weeks later we made tic tac toe games. Last week we made a kaleidoscope and today we made a baseball set. Way cool and the boys love it. But lets be honest here. Projects are recommended for kids in Grades 1st through 4th. So in all reality, its really a project for me and Trent to build. The boys do hammer, but one of these days my finger is going to get a good smack. I feel like this might actually be something the boys remember. You'll find us in the next few weeks making the planter box, bird house, school house and the boys favorite, the catapult.

3 comments:

Meagan Kenney said...

Fun! I'm not too sure that the girls would appreciate this...but if we have a BOY then heck yeah, I can see Jim and little Carter down there hammering away!

Scrap Happy said...

Fun. Allison has been asking to go to a Home Depot workshop for forever, and I never remember! Remind me and we'll go with you one of these weeks...

S said...

I did not know that. My boys would love to do that. Thanks for sharing :)