I'm home, I'm tired, I'm done. Five days, 18 hours of sleep total and endless amounts of running around. One emotionally draining fireside, 34 YCL's and 60 hair bows, 100 bracelets and 10 testimony building spiritual experiences. I'm grateful to have gotten to know the girls in my cabin, I now have 12 new friends. I'm grateful to share the still small moment of looking up at the stars with 2 girls at 1 in the morning. I'm grateful to convince one YCL that she will need to prepare herself if she is going to marry the cute missionary from her ward. I'm grateful for super leaders who stepped it up a notch when I broke down. I'm grateful for the girl who will be getting baptized this Saturday and invited me to attend. I'm grateful that I can dress up like a bat in plastic and still have a smile on my face. I'm grateful for the water fight, it was hot up there. I'm grateful that oddly hair bows were a huge success at keeping the girls at my cabin. I'm grateful that after all was said and done, I can look back and have no regrets that I did something stupid.
1 comment:
And I'm grateful that there are women like you who take their time energy to help these girls have a experience of a lifetime that they will remember their whole lives. I'm grateful that you can help them have a testimony and experience the Spirit and learn from that. And I'm grateful that you are a part of my family and love my son and gave me very cute grandsons!!
Post a Comment