About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

4th Of July fun

Twelve Days in California, you tend to forget that you live someplace else. I loved being back in California. The weather was perfect, my boys were so good and we had a lot of fun playing with cousins. Its seems the 4th of July is more like Christmas in July for my mom. Its a time when my three brothers and their families, as well as Lola and Lolo all descend my parents 5 bedroom house for at least 3 or 4 days. It's 18 people all crammed together loving the cool San Diego weather.

Nana's candy store, Wild Animal Park, USS Midway, camping in the back yard, Scrabble Completions, Filipino Food and Fireworks were all big hits this year. Of course you can't really forget swimming in the pool or hanging out at the beach. I stayed a bit longer due to the fact the my hubby was in England from the 4th until the 16th. Why go home when I could hang out in California? So a longer stay meant I could embark on more of San Diego.

Our days found us in Old Town seeing a 15 minute condensed version of Hamlet, climbing in and out of the covered wagon and touring the Mormon Battalion. If you haven't been, I would highly recommend going, love, love, loved it! We also went to Legoland, which is always fun for the boys. We "Cruised Grand" in Escondido and saw all the old cars. And played endlessly outside.

I {Heart} California.

1 comment:

Scrap Happy said...

Nana's candy store is adorable! And ew, that picture of Jonas with the pig? Nasty.