About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Break should come with a disclaimer

So here we are, entering our second week of Fall Break. What's that you say? We have 2 weeks? Oh yes, yes we do. It sounded totally great when we went to tour the school. I'm starting to have my doubts.

So where does one even begin to entertain 2 very active and highly energized boys? Well let me share. Last Monday found us swimming indoors at Kiwanis Pool in Tempe. I would highly recommend such an activity. I pretty much had the pool to ourselves. Very nice. Tuesday we attempted to ride bikes, after all the weather was beautiful, that is until we saw lighting, big dark clouds and hail the size of golf balls. Wednesday we hit up the library and spent an hour reading books. Thursday we went to the children's museum. Friday the boys played for hours outside and had friends over for grilled pizzas. Saturday we had a soccer game, building at Lowes, planting new citrus trees and out to eat. Sunday found us in the craft room making endless projects to hang up.

You would think that this would be sufficient for a week's Fall Break activities. But no, the vicious cycle starts all over again.
Really the school should put out a letter to the parents how to survive 2 weeks with their kids. Its just too much, I can only handle so much.

2 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

Can I tell you how THRILLED I was to send off my girls this morning? Ahhh... peace.

Meagan Kenney said...

Ugh, I hear ya! We only have a week...I can't imagine 2! Red box movies, Halloween candy houses, home pedicures, the park, baking, bike riding...hmmm...what else...have a baby????