About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Day of School

The boy has started school.  Can you believe that?  Growing up as a kid, school was never in session during my birthday.  Now a days, not only does school start earlier than I did, but these kids will have been in school a few weeks before my birthday even comes.

With Kindergarten finished and out of the way, we are mighty FIRST GRADERS now. When I look at the boy, he looks so grown up.  His looks are changing, he's filling out.

He was dead set on having running shoes from Wal-Mart, but poor kid had to go to school in last years shoes.  We've been so busy that we ran out of time to get them.  He has last year back pack and lunch box because both are still in such good shape.  He's between sizes so he is wearing last year uniform top.  We will use these until he is officially a size Medium.

He was embarrassed to have me walk him to class and was even more embarrassed when I asked to take his picture with his teacher.  His teacher is new, this is her first year.   I loved it when he told me today that his teacher told him that school was going to be fun and he says "And IT IS!"  He has a great big smile on his face when I picked him up.  Speaking of picking him up, he doesn't want me to walk to get him, he wants me to drive through the line.  How sad.  I guess this means that he is growing up.

He has class with just one of his friends.  Poor guy.  Luckily, the boy he has class with is a good influence and is even in his primary class.  We found Carter and Matthew as we walked into class.  He gets to play with these two during recess.

I'm looking forward to his new year.  I'm not sad that he is gone one bit.  When I see that he loves school, it makes it all worth it. 

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Such a big boy!! Im so jealous that you got away with no school clothes or shoes. ALL my kids need clothes majorly and shoes. Our backpacks are pretty much toast by the middle of the year-I should learn my lesson and not buy cheap, but I do it every year. Yay for school!!!

Lindsay Renee' said...

i know what you mean by your last line...when you see that the kids love school, it makes it much easier to have them away from you. stevie, espeically is SO happy at school the last two days, although he has said, "i miss you at school, i wish you could sit in my class." that makes me feel good.

Meagan Kenney said...

He does look so grown up. I remember the first time I "met" Jonas at your mom and dad's at the airport. He was so little (maybe 3 weeks). They get big so quickly...