About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

4th of July shirts

It's become a tradition to make shirts for our annual 4th if July celebration. I usually only do one shirt but this year I wanted something more.
The white shirt will be to wear at the parade as all the little boys in our family have one. I used my Stand And Salute circuit to create a stencil. If you plan on making a stencil use vinyl. It sticks way better than freezer paper. I used regular craft paint because I didn't want to buy special tee shirt paint plus I made these last night at midnight. For the blue one I made a stencil again out of vinyl. I didn't want my boys super matchy-matchy so I made them the same shirt in reverse. I did the bleaching technique. I had to play around with the amount of bleach to water ratio. I bought a small travel size spray bottle to spray it from. These were super easy to do, less than a hour to make both designs. I found the white shirts from The Dollar Tree and the blue one is from Walmart. All in all i spent less than $4 per boy. Im super excited to have them wear them next week!

No comments: