About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

That kid

Why is it there is only one "that kid". When there was problems at church I always knew it was "that kid" of mine. My that kid is the one who we've taken to urgent care more than our other. He's the on So e who gets hurt more. He's the one everyone seems to know by name. He's the one who picks up weird things. And seems to attract grossness.
So it was no surprise that this week he picked up impetigo. Say what now?
Apparently it's some sort of staph infection that causes little blisters that form and pop and ooze yellow puss all over the face. I saw it Saturday morning and tried to think what it was. Maybe it was because Nana's dog kissed him all over the mouth. I kept an eye on it. By Saturday night I knew this was something we had to take care of.
It wasn't until now that I finally realized the importance of my doterra oils. I knew it was an infection so I started rubbing melaleuca on it. I also saw little scabs so I rubber heliocrysum all over it. I also knew that on guard and oregano would kill any form of virus. on that. Imagine my surprise when it had all scabbed over Sunday morning. By this point I started researching and found more about impetigo. Yup that's what he had. So I started using the oils for it.
I kept at it all day Sunday and Monday morning found on little blister on his eye lid. He won't let me put oils near his eye ( sorry bud for accidentally putting oil near your eye but remember that is when we took you to the ER for a split eye lid). So needless to say I didn't know what to do. So I took him to his doctor. She took one look and sent a prescription for antibiotics. I didn't even have time to tell her not to contact my local pharmacy. That I was going to try oils first.
I'm really glad that I had my oils. On guard has saved our house from the flu, from strep throat and from countless of other bugs. I no longer buy cleaning agents as I know on guard and water will make the best cleaner.
Now onto using my next new oil In Tune. This one will help that kid focus more.

No comments: