About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

There's really nothing better

OK, so here it is. Things around here really can be a monkey house. And I sometimes sit and wonder what in the heck am I really doing here. Then I realize, I couldn't have it any other way. I run at a million miles an hour and to sit back and have nothing to do would truly drive me nuts. I'm a nut and I need to survive on chaos. With that said, I still feel pretty overwhelmed at times. And both Jonas and Finn somehow can sense when I am about to my breaking point and either they (1) try to see how much more they can get away with or (2) make it all worth while to be a mother.

I've been reading this great book about 2 year olds. I found it at the Library and its everything that I needed to read about how to understand these little beings. When I started reading it, I realized Jonas is completely normal. (I started to have my doubts, and was making myself totally frustrated by it). He's doing everything that 2 year olds are supposed to do. In my case though, he just started doing them a little early. I often wonder if his "activeness" is a bit too much. He can be a lot to handle. And just when I'm at my wits end, he goes and does something completely lovable. I love Jonas's smile, its great. When he smiles, you can just tell that he's this great big spirit trapped in a little body (little by spiritual standards). He's smarter than anything. His new found obsession, "The Pledge of Allegiance". He can say the whole thing almost word for word. He's got a memory like you can't believe and can repeat word for word things that he heard two days ago. I guess I can see that Jonas and I are very similar and that is fun.

Finn. Well I can say that I will be slightly surprised if he makes it to his first birthday. Dude, Jonas is very rough with him, but Finn just loves him. Trying to remember the whole newborn thing takes its time. Like my friend Bryn said, even though you went through it with your first, you still have to do it with the others. Oh man! But Finn is smiling and cooing. Can you believe that he's already 7 weeks old? We took him to the ASU football game last night and he while he did sleep the first half, he wouldn't go down for the 2nd half because he wanted to watch the game. A true Devils fan already.

I love my boys. I am a mother of boys and I love it, even though I feel like I'm being dragged through the mud. What exciting things will be in store next?

4 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

I love Jonas!!

Amberly said...

You're a fabulous mother of boys and I agree that your boys are exceptional.

Shelly said...

Once again you have to brag about how much Jonas knows and what he can say..we get it, he's smarter than my 2 boys put together. J/K I love that little guy. You will have to have him perform when we come for thanksgiving. Your so right about his smile-he totally makes you melt. Finn is so big already. Im happy to know that he is representing the devils. Thats a good boy. Im glad things are getting a little better for you. Boys are the best!!

Mike and Deb said...

The other night Mom and Dad were watching Madyson when you brought your boys over. When Deb and I showed up to pick up Madyson, Jonas wouldn't let her leave. As we were walking away to the door he ran up to her, grabbed her hand and pulled her back to the couch... funny little boy, it was so cute.