About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Perfect Pick-me-Up

Perhaps its the combination a many different things but I'm starting to have a fresher perception on things. If I don't care about them then they can't be a big deal right? Over the past few days I've:
* slept longer than I ever have in the last 7 months (Finn's starting to sleep longer only waking once and only then its for 2 minutes.)

* found an article in the Church News that made me feel better. Taken from the world wide leadership training Sister Beck's quote stuck me: " We don't have children because we have money, because we have means, we have children with faith." For over 2 years Trent and I struggled to get Jonas to earth, but we knew once he was here, he was a special spirit held in reserve just for us for doing the right things. I love Sister Cherly C. Lant's comment that children are hard work and we have to not be afraid of that.

* happened to be in Mesa this morning at the Museum when I got the great idea to take the boys to the Temple to have a picnic. Jonas was so excited to be at the Temple. He was so reverent and sat and ate his whole lunch before he got up to walk around the temple grounds. We went inside the Visitor's Center and looked at all the pictures of Christ. The exhibit "Reflections of Christ" was so moving that both Jonas and Finn were deathly still and silent as we could feel the spirit. Then we went through the exhibit "God's plan for His Family". I've not felt the spirit in my life like today so strong in a long time. It was nice to have the spiritual pick me up. When asked what was his favorite part of the Temple, Jonas replied "I like the pictures and movies of Jesus, they're special."

Besides, who can get mad a cute faces like these?

4 comments:

Amberly said...

I have heard nothing but amazing things about the exhibit at the temple. I think it's great that the boys were able to feel the spirit there as well- I think it was at the temple it finally clicked for Cooper what the spirit felt like- I like that he remembers that. Glad you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Attention!

Meagan Kenney said...

I prayed that Finn would start sleeping better thru the night for you. Looks like my prayers worked! Yeah, probably not what the good Lord wants us praying for, but it sure seems like He cut you a break last week! :) I'll keep praying for you and the family. See you guys in April!

Shelly said...

I wanted to see that so bad while I was there, I just didnt think I could handle all 5 kids and come out of there without breaking something. I hope you feel better about your kids. Just read my blog and you should feel a whole lot better. Besides, Ive never known a 2 year old that could recite the pledge of alegance, know all the prophets and recite any article of faith. Your doing a great job. and ps, i havent had a full night sleep since Noah was born.