OK, I need help or at least a pick me up. (Start laying on the compliments now please!!!) No, really, I feel like I just was nominated for the worst mother of the year award. I feel like no matter what I try, my life and Jonas are going all crazy. We just got home from an HOA meeting where I had to take both boys. Now granted the room was super loud and every noise they made only made it louder, but afterward my neighbor comments were "How do you do it?" I took it to mean: can't you control your kid? Plus to top off the day, Jonas decided to pee in the back of my car while waiting for some friends. He peed all over the back trunk part. I know it had been a while since I last took him to the bathroom, but a little heads up would have been nice. No matter what I do with Jonas I feel like it goes in one ear and out the other. He nods his yes like he understands but its like talking to myself.
I'm trying my best, I read scriptures in the morning with them while they drink their milk, I take them to uplifting activities like the Library and park. I postpone all the things I'd like to do like sewing, cleaning or reading to play with them. It seems like the more I do with them the more they act out later when I'm not paying attention to them. I just feel like I have nothing left.
So all you wonderful mothers out there, let me know what I can do to join the super mom club, because the worst mommy of the year club isn't much fun.
6 comments:
You are not a bad mom, you are a great mom. You take your kids to do fun things you teach them and you love them. That is really all you can do. Jonas is only two and he is just testing the water, so just hang in there. You are doing great, and it will get better.
As a Father, I certainly was touched by your entry. It sounds as though your neighbour has no comprehension as regards what being a parent entails. The reality is that you are out there with your two children - they may not always listen but you are there to ensure their safety and ultimately their success. How many parents are not there because they just do not care! the great thing is that you do!
What is a bit of pee on a car seat, and what would the world be without the sound of children?
Keep on being the best - because at the end of the day, you are!
Visit our blogsite.
Stephen Roberts, Johannesburg, South Africa
I can't say I understand because I think having 2 kids is a whole new ballgame. But I can say that I have days where I think really? Is this what my life has amounted to? Split milk and peanut butter sandwiches? That's it?!?! It is frustrating sometimes, but I'm glad you took your boys with you to the HOA meeting. You're a package deal & people can get over it! And to be honest, sometimes I think it is okay to voice your sarcastic and rude remarks back to the person questioning you.
And by the way...you are one terrific mom, regardless of pee in the car!
Yes, it's worth it. Really. And while it seems what we say goes in one ear and out the other, they are listening, and learning and the evidence will come. I hear Cooper playing by himself sometimes repeating things I have said and am shocked that he even heard me speak.
Heavenly Father will bless you for your endless efforts, and time will also help. While there have always been things to be frustrated about regarding little boys, those things change with age, and there are also lots to be grateful for at each new stage. Your consistency will pay off, sooner than you think- hang in there, and when you're ready to sell him, bring him to my house for a while!
You are crazy---Crazy to think you are not a Super Mom. We were just discussing you at the park (all good)- And we were trying to figure out how you always look great, keep a clean house & all with no sleep. I think you are great with your kids. You set boundaries and always follow through. Take it from me if there was such a Super Mom Club you would be the President!!
Post a Comment