About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Seven years ago today

I wanted to share this journal entry from 7 years ago. I wrote this:

Saturday November 17, 2001

I have had one of the best first dates that I have ever gone on. It was unlike any other first date, the whole atmosphere was like a comfortable scene with little awkwardness. It was an amazing night. I went with Trent Malone. I had met him once while talking to Mark F. He's a really cool guy. Its just taken a while for us to actually talk. We started talking one day at the Institute. Like last Wednesday we sat in the Institute and talked for 3 hours! Holy Catfish that is a long time! But in reality it did not even seem like 3 hours. So Friday around 7ish he came by. Both Talia and Jeni approve. Hee Hee. We went to dinner at Rigatoni's. Really yummy Italian food. We just talked and it didn't seem awkward or anything like that. After dinner we drove over to "As you wish" a pottery place where you paint what ever you want onto the piece of pottery. We each chose very large wide mouth mugs. It was so much fun seeing each of out very unique ideas of what to put on the mugs. We finally finished around 10pm and by 10:30 I was home. But we say in the car talking until 2 am! That's 4 hours. It's crazy! But I was in stitches fro most of it from just laughing and being silly. Finally at 2 am he walked me to my door, and I had to tell him to leave because it was starting to hurt so much from laughing. I have never had so much fun on a first date. It was seriously one of the best times I have had.

It always makes me laugh when I read this and seeing where we have come in those 7 years. So my question to you is, what does your journal say from 7 years ago?

8 comments:

Amberly said...

no, the question is... do you still laugh so much with him that it hurts? that's an awesome memory, jackie. congrats.

Scrap Happy said...

No, the REAL question is, when did the phrase "Holy Catfish" ever leave your vocab?

bryn said...

what a cute journal entry and blog post. i have no idea what would be in my journal 7 years ago but i agree that holy catfish should absolutely still be in your vocab!

Shelly said...

Did my parents know trent didnt come home until after 2? I dont think so. Trents not very funny-I think something was in your food!!

Sandi said...

Jackie, I want to know how you decorated your cups? What a great story. 7 years ago in November, I was going through a personal tragedy, however, Tarzan was there and he made everything okay.

Britney said...

haha I was thinking the same things as shelly. Why was he out till 2 am...and trent? Funny? haha...just kidding but im glad you always have that memory!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, did you know that the Holy Ghost goes to sleep at 10:30 PM, and that it is never safe to find yourself alone in a parked car with a boy for any amount of time?!

I'm glad you both remembered who you were and became the great couple that you are.

Meagan Kenney said...

I can't believe it has been that long! Jim and I will celebrate our 7 year anniversary of our first date the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Congrats!