About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How I really feel about Christmas

How could Christmas be only 2 days away? I started planning months ago, I had 80% of my shopping done by Thanksgiving. I bought paper for my Christmas Cards clear back in August. I had my ornaments all pick out and separated last year. And yet, here I am still struggling with the last minute odds and ends. All the gifts are wrapped, none have bows or name tags (I hope I remember who's is who's.) My Christmas cards were sent last Thursday afternoon, hopefully they made it. Although, I still need to hand deliver some to family and close friends. I have little gifts for my neighbors that I bought last week thinking that I would get to them in San Diego. But they are sitting on my kitchen waiting to be put together still. I'm scattered both mentally and physically. I feel like my head's about to explode.
I'm excited for whats to come, I really enjoy the Malone Family Christmas Eve that we have. Homemade pot pies, my father in laws extended family, talent show and a candle light program that always makes everyone cry. I'm excited about the morning of Christmas when the boys will snuggle up with Trent and I first thing in the morning in our bed while we read from the New Testament Reader about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I'm excited to watch their faces light up when they finally get to open their presents that their dying to open. And finally it will be nice to recognize that I can finally give up on those good intentions that I had to make cookies and decorate the house super cute and so forth and so on.
I hope that your Christmas is wonderful and meaningful. May you feel the peace of Jesus Christ in your life as you prepare to celebrate his birth.

2 comments:

Lindsay Renee' said...

so what's the candle light program? and i like your idea of reading about the Savior's birth first thing in the morning christmas day-i might have to start that tradition with my kiddos. have a merry one...lindsay

Rebekah said...

I feel the same way. I made treats for neighbors and some friends in the ward, but never got them out. Stuff happened and now, well, sorry. I guess I will have to make it up to you all later.