It is the year of the lemons at our house and I love it. This is the first year we actually have had a crop of more than 2 or 3 lemons. In the first 2 years Trent pulled off all the blossoms to establish the roots, the 3rd year had a terrible frost and we lost a bunch of blossoms. So now, we hit the jackpot. I've already pulled a ton from the tree, but it still seems the bottom is still in abundance. So if you'd like so, come and get some. I'm not sure how much more my tongue can take, I can already feel it puckering just thinking about lemons!
On a side note of what to do with extra lemons, I tried this one:
Take a lemon, roll it on the counter back and forth to make the insides nice and juicy. Take a candy stick (we used cherry candy canes from Christmas) and cut off both ends. Jab the stick into the lemon and start sucking away. The sugar from the candy stick makes it just sweet enough to make a lemon-lemonade juice box.
8 comments:
Wow, you have been busy. I like the lemon juice box idea. Looks cool too. I'm so jealous, we couldn't get lemon or lime trees working here for us.
We only got 20 oranges this year, unfortantly Jared and I only got to eat 3. The boys took care of the rest. How do you make the trees grow UP?
I love the candy stick in the lemon idea. We have tons of lemons this year. I'm trying that one. If you have any really fun recipes, I could use some.
Feel free to share an extras!! You know, if you get all over the lemons!
aren't you clever?!
wait, I have more. when life (and your tree) gives you lemons, what you really should do is make me a treat. I'm not quite sure why I didn't think of it earlier!
I did the juice box thing when I was in grade school. I'm glad that trend is still around!!
man, I used to do that all the time! I miss fruit and the warm weather. Utah is freezing me to death! Good call with the straw Jack.
You're so Martha.
Stewart, I mean, not the other one.
Post a Comment