About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Feeling the Love- Day 1

I loved Ashlee's post about feeling the love, so I'm going to steal it.

How did Trent and I meet?

It was a Tuesday, early in October. I was sitting around my apartment with nothing to do. I decided to head over to the Tempe Institute early, as I had a meeting I was going to that night. As I was walking up, I noticed my friend talking to a guy. Apparently they went to high school together. My friend introduced us, I offered him a peanut butter cup. He accepted (I didn't know then that he was allergic to peanut butter). I was leaving that Friday to go to San Diego and needed a ride to the airport, my friend offered Trent to take me. I told him no thanks. After I got back from San Diego, Trent came up to me at the MU and asked how my weekend in San Diego went. It caught me way off guard and weirded me out. I was short and brief in my answer, "It was good" I told him. After that Trent was somehow always at the Institute the same time I was. I didn't actually talk to him or have a real conversation with him until a month later. He was sitting in the Institute, so I sat down by him and we talked for 3 hours. He asked me out for the up coming weekend.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

I think that is a cute story. I didn't know Trent was allergic to peanut butter, or is it all peanuts?
Here is yet an other similarity betwwen us. Meeting our husbands (future) at the time, in October. How funny

Scrap Happy said...

Do you always carry around toxic candy and offer it to strangers? Weird.

Meagan Kenney said...

I never have heard that story! Very sweet. How could you ever be weirded out by Trent?! I feel like he's the most approachable, non- intimidating, most down to earth guy ever. WHAT"S WEIRD is when your brother told me I looked like I was going to Prom one night when I was hosting at Chang's (I had on a black sundress)! Ha ha! He was so embarrassed!

Malonezone said...

We are very happy that you are a part of our family. You add a touch of class. I think Trent is pretty awesome also!