About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Trying to get it all fit in

As I sit here and think what the next few hours, days, weeks and months includes, its easy to start feeling overwhelmed. Things have been a whirl wind, crazy as all get out. Just this weekend I helped Shellie host the "Crop in da Hood" all night scrap booking event. Totally fun for those who missed out. Then less than 12 hours later hosted 2 other couples sans kids for a BBQ dinner that was supposed to be more gourmet and fancy than I could pull together. In the long run, I'm just not a fancy person, I like to do it, but our house or lifestyle is neither fancy or gourmet. Alas, the food was yummy but it lacked the "wow" factor in show. Then to look forward, I have nieces and nephews to babysit, a birthday swim party that we're looking forward to, a family BBQ, and this is only Monday's schedule. The following week has me packing 3 of us to head to California for a week (Ashlee, do you want to get together at the beach sometime before June 1st?), an all night camp meeting where we place 100 girls in to 11 cabins, 35 of which will be under my supervision.
Uhh, where do I even begin for girls camp? I am no where where I'd like to be with my YCL calling. I'm overwhelmed when I starting thinking how many there are. And I'm super excited that this year I have helpers, it seems to lift the burden, but I'm still overwhelmed. I'm stuck on how to handle it. Devotionals still need to be thought up (how do I get the girls to take a more active roll in helping me with this?), training of what it means to be a YCL (lucky enough for me I have a fantastic helper who is perfect for this, its just trying to find a time when the girls can meet), cute and fun things to do while at camp so I don't seem like a total loser and no fun leader. Then there is the fireside we do ever year. I was told by one of my YCL's that the last two years of firesides "sucked". It broke my heart, I tried really hard to do something fun and spiritual. She didn't have anything better to offer me as an alternative for this years. I love serving is girls camp, its a lot of fun, but wow, I feel so ill prepared this year and not sure why. Help!
A week in California is leaving me stressed as what to do with the boys while there. Legoland, the beach, the new puppy Nana has are a few but will it be enough for 7 days there?
Let's not forget the 2 birthdays this summer or 2 family camp outs we have planned. I've a wedding to shoot on the 12th of June and need to edit those pictures pronto or she wont get them back until the middle of July. I leave for camp on the 27th return home on the 1st. Head to California on the 2nd come home on the 5th. Too busy but yet, not really. Is this just a normal schedule?

2 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

Oh, and we need to go visiting teaching on Tuesday or Wed this week...

Sandi said...

Dang, I had to stop and take a breath to finish reading this. Good luck.