About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Oh the drama of it all

Saturday morning found us bright and early headed over to Banner Desert to accompany Jonas into surgery for tonsil removal. Why oh why do the hospitals say to arrive 2 hours earlier when we sat around for a good 1 1/2 hours waiting for our scheduled time? Seriously, why? I'm sure Deirdre was thinking the same thing when we dropped Finn off at 5am. Again, I'm so sorry that kid didn't go back to sleep until noon. Jonas did great during surgery, didn't have too much hesitation walking off with the nurse. The doctor said his tonsils were bigger than he originally thought. He originally gave them a rating of 3 out of 4 for size. But I think has since recanted the 3 to be a 3.75. Apparently they were much bigger in the back.
Coming out of the drugs, Jonas was gasping for air, or at least it sounded like such. He cried due to lack of orientation and sleep. He couldn't keep anything down and so we waited and waited to be discharged until he could keep something in his tummy. As the true Malone he is, this kid wanted nothing to do with the Popsicles or juice they had to offer, but rather wanted to have a donut right away. 24 hours after the surgery, you'd never know this kid was in the hospital. He went to church, insisted on staying in Primary and refused to take a nap so he could wrestle with Grandad.
However, if you ask me, day 3 is and has been doomsday. Its like listening to a screeching dying animal. He was up all night, with night terrors thanks to the drugs he was on, he'd wake up screaming one minute, and the next be totally snoring away. Did I mention that he just had to sleep in our room he wouldn't have it any other way. And did I tell you about the smell coming out of his mouth? Let's just say dying and decaying dead animal. I will be glad when this is all over.

6 comments:

Deirdre Eagar said...

G R O S S. I could have done without the discription of the smell. Sick!!

Meagan Kenney said...

seriously wolf the description is pretty gross. I remember when we took Maddie in for her eyes we went to the same hospital, after she came out of surgery we got to go back and be with her it was so sad how out of it she was. Good to hear that Big J is doing good!

Sandi said...

Hey, that hat is a keeper. Hope day 4 is better.

Tanner5 said...

Oh, do I remember that smell. I couldn't believe something so horrible could come out of something so sweet. Good luck with the recovery - it sounds like he's doing great.

Karen said...

I hope today was better for you, and I hope Jonas is feeling better.

bryn said...

sorry to hear about cute jonas. hope he is on the mend!