OK all you wonderful moms out there, I am in SERIOUS need of ideas of how to fill my time with the boys from the hours of 1pm & 5pm. I mean, really, what are you doing with your children? And don't tell me you're taking them to all sorts of fun places, because I know you aren't doing that everyday. So when you not swimming at the pool or off running fabulous errands, HOW do you fill the time when naps are over, but not yet ready for the dinner rush? My mind draws a complete blank. HELP!
4 comments:
I am soo with you!!! Tonight we had an earlier dinner {at 5} and then I took the kids to the park. It was 630, but totally bearable...in fact I wasn't grossly sweaty at all & I had Olivia strapped to my front in her carrier.
Other than that...hmmm. Although I am a big fan of letting Zack have friends over whenever he wants.
a time with struggle with as well. we pull out the craft box, bowl with our bowling set, kids play superheroes/barbies in a kitchen sink full of suds (yes, water is EVERYWHERE!), we play "I Spy" (i've laminated bright pictures for teacher-use [like the ones you see on the wall in jr. nursery, the flowers, raindrops,etc.], then i hide them all over my hall and living room. then the kids come from another room and i say, "stevie, i spy an apple." then he has to go find it. we also play with shaving cream all over the island in the kitchen (again, another larget mess, but so fun). just get the cheapy stuff, let them draw in, push cars and make tracks in it, practice letters, use kitchen tools to play in it. or we do hair/beauty salon. the kids water my hair or we get lotion out with q-tips, cotton balls, kitchen tools, and the kids rub and play with lotion up and down my legs (another mess, but my kids love it...it's like surgery or doctor for them). that's just to name a few.
Wow! That Lindsay is one brave mom! We do more quiet activities as the "witching hour" approaches (5 pm). I let the girls color, they can choose a DVD to watch, I fill up the plastic pool in the back and let them splash around. Sometimes I don't get all my errands finished in the morning and we do those. Checking out the fish at Petsmart kills about 20 minutes. Sometimes I do baths early before dinner, and then we lay out our clothes for school (kills a good 30 minutes).
ah, lindsay....you are such a former teacher! : )
Post a Comment