About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Friday, January 29, 2010

I've been hesitant to post....

For fear that I might jinx myself. We are on day 4 of no binkie. Tonight we try night 5 with out it. The first night he was so tired from not having a nap, so we decided now was a good enough time as any. It took him a while and I had to lay with him, but he did it. While falling asleep he kept sucking, what he was sucking I don't know, but his lips made the movement involuntarily. He made it to 1:30. "I need it" he screams, flailing on the ground. By far the biggest tantrum of the year. He was extremely pissed at us. 2:30 or thereabouts, I'd had it, give the kid the "dee-dee" for goodness sake! Night 2, I cut the tip, he doesn't like it, so he throws it away. The older one tries to convince the younger one to put it under the pillow so the binkie fairy can bring him glow sticks. The younger one is content to throw it away. Trent and I sat cautiously on the couch all night to intercept him, but nothing came. He slept through the night. Day 3, no nap (this results in previous post of bathroom adventures) Night 3 he asks for it. "Oh remember it was broken so you threw it away" He quickly replies, "Go buy new ones" Sorry kid, to late to go to the store. Night 4, he doesn't even ask for it, he goes right to bed. As for day 4, its still in his memory, he asked for it for nap. Currently he's in his room for nap, lets pray I don't have any more surprises in drawers for me. Its been easy, almost too easy. With the older one it was nights of screaming and crying for it.
I'm hesitant to give up the binkie, it brought him such joy and happiness. His face would light up when he saw it. Whenever he was sad, it was the only comfort he wanted. And finally my true hesitation has to be that this means my baby is growing up. With no baby to currently replace the almost gone baby stage, it makes me a little sad to think this might be it. MY KIDS ARE GROWING UP, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Good luck, it seem like maybe it is going to be an easy one for you. How is the running going?

Amberly said...

good job, finnie!! we're so gosh darn proud of you over here. and we're also very proud of your mama for finally getting rid of that thing!

Meagan Kenney said...

So proud of Finn! The binkie fairy is paying us a visit shortly, but I think I need to get a bit further into potty training. Big hugs for Finnie! It IS sad that they're growing up. I met a friend and her 6 week old baby for coffee on Friday and I wanted to steal her baby! I miss the little ones...