About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Continual Education

When I was 17, I received my Patriarchal Blessing. In it, it said that I would be able to receive all the education that I desired. I loved, loved, loved attending ASU and received 2 degrees. I've always considered myself a Jack(ie) of all Trades, but a master of none. Since then I have taken a summer session of an Interior Design Class and learned a bit more about decorating. I've taken a few Scrapbooking classes and feel like I know how to create a layout. This summer I will follow in Trent's footsteps and take the 17 week course to become a Master Gardner. (I know, how nerdy can we both be?) But this week I've been working on a sewing pattern for a skirt and found myself totally frustrated. As I've been reading the instructions, I feel like its in a foreign language. This got me thinking, I would love to take a class in sewing. Where does one do this? Somewhere down the line, I'd love to go to school to learn how to cut hair. I already cut Trent's and the boys hair, so why not actually learn what I'm doing. Throw in a cake decorating class and next thing I know I'm going to be Deirdre. Not that this would be bad. I really do love learning and would love to go "Back to School" for something else.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

So what is your question about the sewing?

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you find where to take sewing classes. I'm in desperate need to learn!

Britney said...

If you do a cake decorating class I will go with ya! Ive been wanting to take one for a long time.

Shelly said...

Why would you spend money on learing how to cut hair when your super talented sis can teach you for FREE!! I would totally take a sewing class with you if you found one

Sandi said...

We are going to have a sewing class for our Humanitarian project this month. Bring your skirt and sewing machine and I will help you. Signed, soon to be Dr. G. You should join me.