About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Today's Thrift Store Score

I found myself this morning with a few minutes to spare before See's opened, so my youngest and I went to Deseret Industries. We quickly made our way to the back, because, you know that's where the coolest outside toys are. While the boy busied himself with a ride on, I was looking at a chair for the craft room. It was nice, but would need a lot of work. As I was pulling myself up, I found something soft and comfy. TWO, mind you, TWO chairs for the boys to sit on. They were a little dirty, but a good quick wash would take it all out. They still had a good shape. They are perfect for the play room. Now get this, they were only $3 a piece!
It wasn't until I got home and ready to wash them that I noticed that they were Potterybarn Kids. The arms need a bit more padding, but that's easy to fix. I scored TWO potterybarn kids chairs for $3 bucks each, I'm basking in my good deal today.

Which material do you like better, the green and yellow or the blues? I'm thinking of using the rug, but don't have to. I'm putting up white bead board on the walls, and not sure about paint yet. I guess it will come once I pick out material. Also, I will need to paint the Toy chest and cupboard, so any suggestions?

5 comments:

Britney said...

I like the blues - Good job on the great find.

Scrap Happy said...

I totally thought that was PBK when I saw the first picture. That's awesome. Not monogrammed or anything - good job! Why don't you leave the red?

bryn said...

I vote yellow and green. And by the way, super jealous. What a great find!

Meagan Kenney said...

Great find! I vote green and yellows. So after you do the white beadboard, can you come on over and help Jim do Madeline's room? That's been on our "to-do" list for a while now! I'm not sure about paint color...but I would paint the chest and cupboard cherry red to match the chairs (a very PB Kids look!)

Amber said...

Green and Yellow if you will have the chairs by the rug that's in front of them in the picture.