About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Monday, May 3, 2010

I know I should be more mad, but I'm just not.

It seems of late that our youngest is turning into a night owl.
He's good at going to bed on time, but its staying in bed that is key. But here's the kicker, Trent and I happily assume that he's sound asleep, but in reality the sneaky little boy is tip-toeing all around up stairs, either reading books in the play room or rocking the rocking chair in the pirate room. Occasionally he'll sneak into the sewing room and play with whatever is on the floor.
So imagine my surprise when Trent calmly and cooly came into our bedroom and first states
"I don't know what he's doing, but he had these"
and then proceeds to show me my very sharp scrapbooking scissors.
"Plus he's still awake."
I notice the clock, it reads five to 10pm. I'm curious, so I go in his room. "What did you do with the scissors bud?" His two year old gibberish says something and points to his head. He sits up. I see snips in the pillow case, its gone through to the actually pillow. Great I think. Then I notice little strips of paper. My detective work leads me to see that he's cut the tag off Sparky. Ok. Then he starts spouting off about something about his hair. Trent turns on the light. His pillow is decorated with little strands of hair, about an inch long. I look at his head, there is a noticeably shorter patch right on top.
Right I think.
I flip the pillow over, kiss the boy goodnight, turn and walk out of the room.

2 comments:

Meagan Kenney said...

It'll grow back. At least he's a boy, if he were a girl, might be a different story. I don't know what type of doorknobs you guys have, but we got the doorknob covers at Target and they work fabulously at keeping Miss Caitlin Bug out of unwanted rooms. Pretty much every single door (including closets) have them at our house. Or, you could put two baby gates up (above one another in his doorway) so he can't get out. I know he jumps over just one. Good luck! :)

Scrap Happy said...

HAHAhahahahahaha! Love that kid. Let's break out the clippers for summer...