About Us

My photo
Arizona
We started this craziness in 2002. A few years into it, we brought about our first little moneky and two years later, we added our second crazy little monkey. Things around here are definately all over the place, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gratitude 7- perspective

Wouldn't it be lovely to live in your favorite home decor magazine? so picture perfect, with the latest trends and never dirty. What a sharp contrast to how I actually live. My life's a mess. I've got dishes piled up, laundry to wash, mirrors to wipe down, floors to vacuum. But that's ok. In our house, kids live here. They laugh, they play, they learn to work hard. They yell , they cry, they say "I love you". I've had the house that was clean and I've had the house that was empty with out kids. It's novelty wears off and the fingerprints that endlessly seem to always be on the back sliding door will actually remind me that I wouldn't want my house beautiful without anyone to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Meagan Kenney said...

Love this. So true. Although I do have to say since Jim's been out of town all week the house has been even cleaner. Wondering if it's him or the kids that make the bigger mess? hehe...

Did you get a new rug in the kitchen? Never noticed it before....very cute-love the colors!

Rebekah said...

Funny. I think I am doing something wrong if that is how piled up dishes is supposed to look. I do two loads a day and still have stuff, really where does it all come from. I HATE dishes.