Happy New year to all. I can hardly believe that a new year has already started. It is a chance to start a fresh, try something new, put aside differences and resolve to be better. Its a good thing too. Since the 23rd of December, I have been trying to get my barrings straight again. We arrived home from San Diego late on the 23rd. Then it was the whole Christmas thing. The 26th finally found me unpacking, clearing away the Christmas clutter and trying to get my house in order. That took me 2 days to do! Then on the 28th-31st found us hanging out with family. Three trips to Gilbert in 3 days has not been so nice on the gas bill! Throw in Trent's late nights at work and I've suddenly become a single parent doing all this. 

So with this New Year, I resolve to NOT be headless chicken this year, but try and organize myself. I will also take the advice of President Henry B Eyring and write down everyday some way that I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life for each day. I've made myself a fancy journal specifically for this purpose too.
4 comments:
I'm working on that same goal, I think it's such a great one to keep us in the "grateful" state of mind rather than a crazy one! I happen to have fabulous visiting teachers that made me a book similar to yours... makes it so fun to want to record stuff in! hope this year is incredible for you and your little family.
Jackie I have made a very similar new years resolution, hang in there, you are an excellent mom, wife and little sister. Call if I can help with anything and remember Meg has a husband who works a lot more late nights than yours. Love you Jim
Hey make me a cover just like yours for my journal - only in muted greens/ creams! Too cute, babe!
three recent trips to gilbert, and no stopping by for a quick visit? i am sad, very sad! do i need to get out the clipboard and schedule it, just to make sure you come over next time you are out here?
you are definitely not a headless chicken and i know you will accomplish much in this new year!
let's absolutely plan a get together soon. ever been to the botanical gardens?
Post a Comment