On that note, did I ever show you the fabulous Angry Bird Party we had for my 5 year old back in August? For a boy who loves this game, it was only natural that he would choose this party theme. Only problem was, he was so excited for the party that he kept inviting everyone he saw. So 15 friends later, we played host to many kids, parents and their younger siblings. WOW!
I wanted to make it as much like the game as possible and to keep crowd control, we began by offering our guest an Angry Bird Mask. This helped keep teams. Bombs on one, Red birds on the other. I used red and black felt and sewed all the pieces together. I used hot glue to make the eye brows stick on.
We then ushered guest to our "craft while we wait for more friends" table. The kids made a red or black Angry Bird magnet out of foamies. Everything was precut, bagged and ready to hand out. All super easy for kinder aged kids.
For games, we made a life sized game. I covered boxes of different shapes and sizes with brown paper and used officially licensed pigs and birds for the game. I used an exercise rubber band and two parents as the sling shot. We actually shot birds flying across the room.
We had a gold egg hunt too. I found easter eggs at my local Goodwill and spray painted them gold. I stuffed them with hard candies. I"m bummed as I didn't get pictures of this.
To cap the off the games, we had a piggy stop. I filled green balloons with point cards, drew pig faces on the balloons and had the kids stomp. I played the Angry Bird Theme song down loaded from iTunes and had the kids stomp as many balloons and collect as many points. I team with the most points won Gold Stars (stickers). This was loud and I was right in the middle of this game so I didn't get a chance to take pictures of it.
The cake was done by Safeway and it turned out great.
1 comment:
Okay, this is amazing. Mom of the year!
Post a Comment